Sanpellegrino Blood & Sand
A classic among Scotch Whisky cocktails, intensified by the rich flavour of Mediterranean blood oranges.
Named after the 1922 movie starring Rudolph Valentino, Sanpellegrino Blood & Sand is a triumph of Italian style and international flavours.
The cocktail gets its distinctive colour and citrus notes from the juicy oranges and blood oranges of Sanpellegrino Aranciata Rossa, ripened under the Mediterranean sun. Combine that with the intense bouquet of Scotch Whisky, the spicy aromas of Vermouth, and the stewed plum and cherry jam flavour of Cherry Liquor, and it all adds up to a refined and fabulously fruity blend.
Sanpellegrino Blood & Sand is best prepared in a mixing glass before being strained into a highball. For an added touch of freshness, the bartender recommends garnishing with a slice of orange, neatly placed next to the rim of the glass.
For a stylish and spectacular mixology experience worthy of Valentino himself, this is the cocktail to choose.
How to make Sanpellegrino Blood & Sand Cocktail in 5 Steps:
- First, fill a mixing glass with ice.
- Pour in the Whisky, Vermouth and Cherry Liquor and mix them.
- Then transfer the resulting mixture to a highball glass, preferably with the help of a strainer.
- Fill it with ice cubes, and add the Sanpellegrino Aranciata Rossa.
- Finally, place an orange wedge in the glass, close to the rim.
Technique: Mix and strain
Glass: Highball glass
Please drink responsibly. Cocktail recipes including alcohol are intended solely for those of legal drinking age.