Learn to Taste a Premium Water: S.Pellegrino Sparkling Mineral Water
In order to conduct a water tasting, you need, first and foremost, to have the right tools. San Pellegrino has created the perfect glass in collaboration with chef Davide Oldani and architects Piero Lissoni and Massimo Bottura: the Verre D’O.
This glass has a special shape with one side that is wider, to taste still water, and a narrower one, suitable for sparkling water.
A water tasting also has precise rules and proceeds in several steps:
- The first taste. In this phase the first impact of the water and its freshness are evaluated.
- The visual analysis is done to assess transparency and perlage.
- The olfactory analysis checks the water’s aroma.
- The second taste. The sip of water is held in the mouth to evaluate its acidity, flavour and structure.
- Taste and aroma analysis. This is the final step, which reveals the aftertaste and balance of the water's characteristics.
This tasting process reveals S.Pellegrino Sparkling Mineral Water to be an excellent water with fine, unmistakable perlage, a balanced, fresh taste, with a pleasing and persistent aftertaste.