Read the report by downloading the PDF.
The document describes the company’s commitment to caring for a precious resource in a way that is committed, on-going and proactive, for the benefit of families, communities and society as a whole, today and in the future.
Our commitment produces tangible results:
- The protection of our 6 mining concessions, subject to strict controls, and the safeguarding of protected areas. The Acqua Panna holding is a perfect example of this philosophy with its area of over 1,300 hectares exclusively given over to organic farming and an animal reserve enabling wild species to breed and prosper.
- Fostering relations with local communities which generate value over the course of time. In 2016 we completed the Nestlé Vera multisource model with the Castrocielo Plant, a project in which 16 million Euros were invested. Taxes and concession fees excluded, the support to the community in 2016 amounted to 161 million Euros. Every year, we conduct more than 1,000 interviews to tune into our communities and their requirements, while drawing up shared plans for social and local economic growth.
- Valuing our people. In 2016, the Group employed 1,531 people, 70% of whom come from the areas in which we operate. Internal growth ensures satisfactory careers: over 80% of vacant positions are filled by individuals already on our payroll while an avant-garde welfare model accompanies people through the various phases of their lives. A pioneer of work environment flexibility, in 2016 the firm registered 937 days of teleworking and 2,887 days of smart working.
- Reducing our environmental footprint. Since 2012, the quantity of carbon dioxide emitted for each litre of water transported by the Sanpellegrino Group has decreased by 14%, due to investments in plants, the reduced use of PET and “green” logistics. Over 41% of the Group’s mineral water travels on eco-friendly transport systems, namely, trains and liquefied natural gas-powered ultralight lorries.
- The protection of our customers and consumers, with over 4,000 quality control tests carried out during the production phase every day.
- The publication of information targeting the public with regard to the importance of drinking water, aimed at reaching one million children and parents every year.