S. Pellegrino is one of the world’s best known and most enjoyed Italian products, not only due to its image and unmistakable taste, but also the excellent quality of competent and passionate production ensured at the San Pellegrino plant each day. The whole bottling process takes place inside this plant, which is one of the most complex and advanced in Europe. In 1899, the Società Anonima delle Terme di San Pellegrino, which owned the thermal spring of the same name, started bottling the water for sale. From that point, S. Pellegrino sparkling mineral water was born and, after only 5 years, the facilities were already producing 50,000 bottles a day. Today, S. Pellegrino is one of the only Italian companies with that size of growth and success - in 2010, the important milestone of one-billion bottles produced in one year was reached.
Built in 1961, the San Pellegrino Terme plant has ten active top-quality bottling lines, which operate 24 hours a day to satisfy the demand for mineral water, soft drinks and aperitifs in more than 120 countries around the world. The plant employs over 400 people (a fifth of whom are women) and, to ensure the exceptional quality of S. Pellegrino, great attention is placed on monitoring all the packaging materials as well. Therefore, the internal quality division performs conformity controls on the bottles, caps, labels, glues, boxes and cans to ensure they meet the quality standards established by the company and the 22,000 food safety standards of the ISO.