The S.Pellegrino Sapori Ticino culinary extravaganza sponsored by S.Pellegrino and Acqua Panna is now in its seventh year. Created to introduce more people to the fine cuisine and outstanding restaurants and hospitality in the Swiss canton of Ticino, S.Pellegrino Sapori Ticino headed to Berlin on 26th and 27th February 2013 for a twinning event. Top chefs from Berlin will now return the visit and showcase their talents in some of the Ticino canton’s most prestigious restaurants. Several of Ticino’s finest chefs have already demonstrated their culinary genius as part of the launch of the 2013 edition in Berlin, reaffirming the standing and international recognition earned by S.Pellegrino Sapori Ticino over the past seven years. The dates, chefs and venues for the 2013 S.Pellegrino Sapori Ticino are as follows:
• 7th April - Villa Principe Leopoldo Hotel & Spa, Lugano. Chef Dario Ranza welcomes Chefs Ivo Adam, Andrea Bertarini, Antonio Fallini, Marco Ghioldi, Egidio Iadonisi, and René Nagy.
• 14th April - Villa Principe Leopoldo Hotel & Spa, Lugano. Chef Dario Ranza welcomes Chef Christian Lohse from the Fischers Fritz Restaurant at the Regent Berlin Hotel, which has 2 Michelin stars and 17 Gault Millau points.
• 21st April – Villa Orselina, Orselina – Locarno. Chef Antonio Fallini welcomes Chef Philipp Jay Meisel from the Die Quadriga Restaurant at the Brandenburger Hof Hotel.
• 22nd April - Ristorante Seven, Ascona. Chef Ivo Adam welcomes Chef Michael Kempf from the Facil Restaurant at the Mandala Hôtel, which has 1 Michelin star and 17 Gault Millau points.
• 28th April - Hôtel Splendide Royal, Lugano. Chef Marco Ghioldi welcomes Chef Hendrik Otto from the Lorenz Adlon Esszimer Restaurant at Hotel Adlon Kempinski, which has 2 Michelin stars and 17 Gault Millau points.
• 29th April - Swiss Diamond Hotel, Vico Morcote. Chef Egidio Iadonisi welcomes Chef Matthias Diether from the First Floor Restaurant at Hotel Palace Berlin, which has 1 Michelin star and 17 Gault Millau points.
• 5th May - Ristaurante Conca Bella, Vacallo.Chef Andrea Bertarini welcomes Chef Sonja Frühsammer from the Frühsammers Restaurant, which has 17 Gault Millau points.
• 6th May - Ristorante La Perla, Lugano. Chef René Nagy welcomes Chef Marco Müller from the Wein Bar Rutz Restaurant, which has 1 Michelin star and 17 Gault Millau points.
• 12th May - Grand Hotel Eden, Lugano. Chef Alessandro Fumagalli welcomes Chefs Ivo Adam, Andrea Bertarini, Antonio Fallini, Marco Ghioldi, Egidio Iadonisi, René Nagy and Dario Ranza.
Echoing last year’s success, the dinners are once again complemented by three entertaining lounge evenings that feature music to help introduce young people to the world of fine dining. The dates to remember are 25th April at the WKND Disco Club in Lugano, 2nd May at the Beach Lounge in Ascona, and 9th May at the Lido Bar in Lugano.